Corporate Security Manager
Headquartered in California, the Company employs over
7,500 associates nationwide, 3000 of whom are based in Torrance. XYZ is the Companys
US sales, marketing and distribution organization and as such, serves as the intermediary
between the manufacturing and dealer organizations. It has operations in 49 states.
XYZ USA's major groups include: Industrial Equipment, Logistics Services, Aviation
Business Development Office, Motor Credit Corporation, Motor Insurance Services and the
North American Parts Logistics Division.
The position reports to Corporate Manager, Real Estate and Facilities and manages a
staff of 8 proprietary and 55 contract security staff through three direct reports
responsible for Security, Emergency Planning and Response and Environmental.
This is a highly responsible and visible role within an expanding company, It provides
strategic direction and tactical management to ensure the security of associates, capital
assets and proprietary information for the Company, and serves as an expert / adviser on
these matters to other Corporate units worldwide. Moreover, it is responsible for
emergency planning and disaster recovery as well as compliance with environmental
- Design and implement policies and strategies of corporate security, including but not
limited to, internal investigations, executive protection, workplace violence,
technological protection systems, Contract guard force management, proprietary information
protection, computer security, crisis management, and environmental health and safety.
- Maintain close oversight of all executive protection requirements providing pre-planning
intelligence information to appropriate personnel.
- Coordinate an ongoing review of existing security programs and initiate the development
of new programs, as needed, at all facilities nationwide.
- Through consensus building, develop and implement changes to programs which will
effectively and appropriately provide protection of corporate assets, including
associates, capital assets, and proprietary assets.
- Provide consulting support and make recommendations to site management regarding
appropriate, timely and necessary improvements or enhancements.
- Provide leadership and guidance to staff. Provide staff growth and skill/career
development within the scope of the Career Compass program.
- Function as a project leader to develop, communicate, implement and monitor solutions
and processes using multi-disciplinary teams. Maintain close communication with management
and respond to requests for support. Lead all Company affiliate security managers in North
America to a common goal to foster a broad continental approach to security excellence.
- Lead the Crisis Management Team and the Disaster Management Team to ensure the viability
and success of these programs.
- Provide advice and counsel to sister companies on executive protection and broad
corporate security matters. Serve as a worldwide resource in this regard.
- Minimum 5 - 10 years of progressively responsible corporate security management
experience, within an organization having multiple operating sites. Knowledge of
environmental regulations preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills within a consensus building corporate culture and
effectiveness coaching team members and inspiring teamwork both within his/her direct
areas of responsibility and laterally among other work teams.
- Must possess strong coordination, organization and liaison skills to help consult in the
design and implementation of security program strategies, and, the ability to seek and
gain consensus on creative solutions to complex security issues.
- Strong problem solving skills. Individual must be capable of accurately assessing needs,
maintaining a calm business demeanor and taking quick action to resolve issues.
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills are critical; as is the
ability to promote the open flow of information by actively soliciting and listening to
the ideas of others.
- Effective negotiation and excellent analytical skills.
- Proven ability and commitment to being discreet, tactful, timely and operating
judiciously when addressing internal and external customer needs. Diplomatic interpersonal
skills which allow successful candidate to effectively relate to all levels of associates
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of relative bodies of law.
- B.S. degree in Industrial Security, Criminal Justice, Business
- Administration or a related field required; M.S. degree in Security
- Management, Risk Management or a related field highly desirable.
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP) designation and active membership in the
American Society for Industrial Security required.
Salary plus annual bonus opportunity, automobile allowance and other excellent