Responsibilities of the Position
- This position will conduct and/or coordinate process risks surveys, vulnerability
analysis and complex investigations in addition to the following responsibilities:
- Conduct risk and vulnerability analysis to protect wealth generators (i.e., people,
property, assets and processes). Provide written and cost effective recommendations to
- Conduct "proactive security surveys".
- Investigative reported loss/theft of company, personal and vendor property.
- Investigate and report on cases of employee misconduct as it affects their employment
status within the company.
- Develop and maintain sources of information that may be of value while conducting
investigations of company interest.
- Assistant in evaluating results of background investigations relative to suitability for
- Partner with security education specialists to use results of investigations for raising
the level of employee participation in assuming responsibility for protecting their own
environment and processes.
- Develop and implement enterprise wide security support program for overseas assignees.
Key Success Factors (Specific Expectations during next 6 18 months)
The ability to work effectively in a multi-faceted organizationally complex environment
with conflicting/changing priorities.
- Ability to rapidly prioritize investigative requirements consistent with business
objectives and risk. Make maximum use of technology to support investigative objectives.
- Ability to establish investigate documentation standards and to effectively use metrics
to support the deterrence programs.
- Ability to demonstrate superior communication skills within all levels of the
- Must be recognized by others as professional, inspiring trust while demonstrating the
highest ethical standards and personal integrity.
- Demonstrate knowledge of company policies and procedures utilized in conducting
Attributes / Skills, Required / Sought:
- Must be able to show business productivity, contributions resulting from vulnerability
analysis of investigative results.
- Establish and maintain highest level of investigative standards and quality.
- To demonstrate analytical skills necessary to correlate data and review business
processes in order to reach accurate assessments.
- Ability to apply investigative skills, methods and techniques to obtain appropriate
- Build and maintains strong liaisons of local, state and federal law enforcement
- Self-starter, highly motivated and polished professionally, continually seeking to
approve specific security related objectives.
- Demonstrate clear concise orally and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate fundamental computer system literacy to include word processing and
- Must exhibit tact, diplomacy and exemplary demeanor along with superior to personal
Experience and Education
- B.S./B.A Criminal Justice or related field required. (Masters preferred)
- 7-10 years in-depth investigative and / or asset protection experiences with industry,
municipal, state, federal or military service.
- Demonstrated experience in security survey and risk assessment, loss prevention, asset
protection and investigations.
- Previous security management experience highly desired.
- International experience desired.